Sunday, March 9, 2008

IELTS oh IELTS.....argghhhhh...



Many called to ask about my IELTS test...thanks for all the concerns, supports and of course your vote of confidence..but deep down in my heart ...that test was a frustrated one...he..he..

In short I think the best way to describe my performance for the four stages was: listening was o.k, reading was a disaster,writing ..well.. very challenging..speaking.. not bad...conclusion-very slim chance for me to get band 7.By the way, NZ universities why did u need band 7? and not 6 or 6.5 like other Australian universities....

My next plan...may be I want to try TOEFL...some said this test is easier than IELTS but the most interesting part..they said it is cheaper...he..he..but again I have to check the requirement..Do NZ universities accept TOEFL..anybody out there wants to share their experience or give me some input about TOEFL....help me!!!!

2 comments:

Khairul said...

Salam,

My advice, take IELTS again. But this time, read the tips and do a lot of practice. Especially for reading. It is very easy if you know the pattern and tricks. Many people take the test for granted. (They didn't prepare)

For reading, you must get yourself to be familiar with topics like astronomy, history, science, environment and etc. The same topics will come normally with difference essays.

The same thing applies to listening. What you need is practice, practice, practice.

My English is not good, but managed to get 8.00 for reading and 7.5 for listening. I believe you can do better than that.

Best of Luck...

mulan said...

khairul,
thank you for ur advice...next week dapat result...hope miracle happen this time...ha..ha.. mana ada miracle in reality kan...dah start masuk duit dalam tabung ni for second attempt..ish english you bagus la tu ...bole dapat 8 and 7.5 tu....agaknya kak banyak makan "budu" kot...he..he