Friday, March 12, 2010

Discussion on mixed methods research

Attended a discussion on mixed methods research at GSB yesterday. The main issue was to share and discuss the idea developed by John Creswell ( yang banyak tulis buku on research methodology tu..)on how to carry out mixed methods research. Was a very fruitful discussion. At the end of the day, I think I would considered my self as having a " positivism head" who is really into the positivist paradigm in doing research. Besides, as a sponsored student I would like to be realistic on the time allowed to carry out my research. Thus I think I would prefer to stick on the positivist paradigm but mixed the methods of collecting data ( this way is a little bit contrary with what has been suggested by Creswell...heeee) whenever I would like to carry out any mixed methods research.The best part is I got a better picture on what is actually mixed methods research!

No comments: